Vegan Omega 3 6 9 (Ahiflower®)
Vegan Omega 3 6 9 (Ahiflower®)
What is Vegan Omega 3 6 9?
Vegan Omega 3 6 9 is sourced from the seeds of the Buglossoides arvensis plant, which is sustainably grown in the UK with full traceability. Produced under the brand name Ahiflower®, every field of these plants produce a a source of omega-rich oil. Omega fatty acids have been a hot topic in the Sports Nutrition industry for a number of years now and historically they have been tricky to fit into a vegan diet.
Traditionally, the main supplemental form of Omega-3 Fatty Acids for vegetarians and vegans has been flaxseed oil,
due to the naturally occurring ALA (Alpha Linolenic Acid). The last couple of years have seen a few more vegan omega options emerge onto the market, with algae, chia seeds and hemp oil emerging as alternative choices. Ahiflower® is high in Omega-3 due to the ALA content; it also provides Omega-6 fatty acids in the form of GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) and LA (Linoleic Acid), as well as Omega-9 in the form of Oleic Acid.
Benefits of Vegan Omega 3 6 9:
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids
- Provides Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids
- UK-grown and fully traceable
- From the seeds of Buglossoides arvensis
- Provides SDA as well as ALA
- No fishy reflux
- Fully vegetarian and vegan-friendly
What’s in Vegan Omega 3 6 9?
As a quick rundown of all the acronyms in the above paragraph, here’s what’s provided per capsule:
- 315mg ALA (Alpha Linolenic Acid) – ALA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels* and the most common form of Omega-3 fatty acid found in seeds and plants. ALA can be converted in the body to EPA (Eicosepanteanoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid).
- 128mg SDA (Stearidonic Acid) – SDA is a less common form of Omega-3 fatty acid. It is produced as the body converts ALA to EPA and DHA.
- 68mg LA (Linoleic Acid) – Linoleic Acid is an Omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid. Typical dietary sources are nuts and seeds.
- 34mg GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) – GLA is another form of Omega-6 fatty acid which can be found in hemp seeds and evening primrose oil.
- 45mg Oleic Acid – Oleic Acid is an Omega-9 monounsaturated fatty acid which is more common in the diet. This is typically found in olive oil and avocado.
Who is Vegan Omega 3 6 9 Suitable for?
The human body is unable to produce essential fatty acids, so they must be obtained from the diet. Vegan Omega 3 6 9 is suitable for anyone looking to increase their intake of these fatty acids and is looking for a sustainable, UK-sourced alternative to fish oils.
* ALA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of ALA.Disclaimer: Implied results may vary. Individuals will respond differently. Implied results assume an appropriate nutrition and training plan.
PER 1 Capsule:
Omega 3 Fatty Acids:
Alpha Linolenic Acid: 315mg
Stearidonic Acid: 128mg
Omega 6 Fatty Acids:
Linoleic Acid: 68mg
Gamma Linolenic Acid: 34mg
Omega 9 Fatty Acids:
Oleic Acid: 45mg
Ahiflower® Oil (Buglossoides arvensis Seed Oil, Rosemary Extract, Mixed Tocopherols, Sunflower Oil, Sunflower Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate), Softgel Shell (Modified Food Starch, Carrageenan, Vegetable Glycerin, Purified Water).
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, GM Free, Lactose Free, No Added Dairy.
Take 1-3 capsules per day with water.
Vegan Omega 3 6 9 – Ahiflower® Oil can be combined with any of our Vegan Series products as well as our Pure Series vitamins and minerals.