5 Of The Best Good Fat Sources In Food:
1) Extra virgin olive oil:Extra virgin olive oil is composed of 73% oleic acid, rich in (fat-soluble B-vitamin tocopherols and B-carotene (phytosterols and polyphenols); these molecules contribute, together with typical fatty acids, to determine the chemical and physical properties of the finished product (antioxidants) Numerous studies have shown that olive oil reduces the factors of LDL (low density lipoprotein) and VLDL (Very Low Density lipoprotein), which cause the accumulation of “bad” cholesterol on the walls of the arteries that dramatically threaten integrity, and instead favors “good” cholesterol (HDL) which removes bad cholesterol from the walls of the arteries and returns it to the liver where it contributes to the formation of bile whose role in the digestion,it is precisely that of emulsifying fats: all this is possible thanks to the composition of the oil and in particular for 70-80% of oleic acid (unsaturated) which makes it the most recommendable oil in condiments.
2) Linseed oil: Linseed oil is one of the most important sources of vegetable omega 3 found in nature. It has a low content of cholesterol and sodium, and a high content of good fatty acids, fiber and vitamins. Regular intake of omega-3, omega-6 is linked to both an improvement in digestive functions and an increase in HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
3) Bluefish: Bluefish, such as Sardines, Tuna, Swordfish, Crustaceans, but also cold sea fish such as Salmon, Cod, are particularly rich in Omega 3, and have a very positive effect on human health. Eating fish rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids (such as Omega 3) helps reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (that is, what we commonly call “bad”), helps lower blood pressure and makes the blood more fluid. In addition, Omega 3 also contribute to counteracting the deterioration of cognitive processes, a characteristic that makes them indispensable in the diet of older people.
4) Avocado: And one of the best and fattest sources of the fruit par excellence, it is particularly appreciated for its beneficial properties. Avocado contains a lot of good, monounsaturated fats, regular consumption of avocado helps to reduce bad cholesterol and triglycerides, increasing good cholesterol (HDL) and thus keeping the heart healthy.
5) Nuts (almonds, walnuts): Thanks to the richness of fiber and the excellent content of mono / polyunsaturated fatty acids (mainly present in walnuts), it exerts a protective action against the so-called wellness diseases (diabetes, hypercholesterolemia and obesity).
The Best Supplements: The Bulk Powders provides numerous supplements, essential sources of good fats in the best quality available on the market.
Among these we can find:
Conclusions: Although they have different functions and benefits, it must be remembered that they are still ” Fat ” and their ” High ” consumption is one of the main factors of Obesity and Overweight, therefore their use “moderately” is appropriate without exaggerating their relationship. daily is based on an estimate of 20% / 30% of daily calories where at least 55% must be made up of monounsaturated fatty acids and 20% of polyunsaturated fats.
Remembering that for those who use this source of fats in particular (Oils) in the kitchen, well know that, even though they have a very high smoke point and therefore a good heat resistance if reused several times and if subjected to too high temperatures they are and they become toxic and carcinogenic to our organism and for this reason it is good practice to prefer their raw use .
Francesco Grezza: Personal Trainer, Motivational and Inspirational Sports, Health and Wellness.