Made with our iconic Pure Whey Protein™ in chocolate flavour, this is definitely the most indulgent way to get your daily protein in. A soft, delicious fusion of decadent chocolate and bananas, this Chocolate Protein Banana Bread recipe is a step up from your regular banana bread loaf.
If you love banana bread, make sure to also take a look at this incredible high protein banana bread recipe from Nadia’s Healthy kitchen.
Ingredients (serves 8-10):
- 1 medium egg
- 6 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp bulk™ Oat Drink
- 3 ripe bananas (around 300g), mashed
- 55g bulk™ Organic Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g bulk™ Chocolate Pure Whey Protein
- 55g bulk™ ultra fine oats
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g brown sugar*
- 30g Chocolate Chips
*You can substitute with sweetener like xylitol
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Add the egg, oil and milk into a large bowl and whisk, then add in the mashed bananas and mix again.
- Sift in the cacao powder, baking powder and salt, then add the protein powder, ultra fine oats, ground almonds and sugar/sweetener. Mix until everything is combined.
- Transfer into a loaf tin (I used a 22×12 cm loaf tin).
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips no top, then bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before slicing.
Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Let us know what you think and tag us in your recipes with bulk™ products. For more nutrition tips, recipes and ambassador workouts, check out @bulk and get involved in the conversation by tagging #TeamBulk and be part of our community. To see more delicious recipes like this, check out the Instagram page of our team bulk™ foodie ambassador, Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen.