Wondering how to boost your energy levels? In this quick guide, we’ll go through some easy steps on how to increase energy levels both naturally and through supplements. Whether you want to change your diet and lifestyle completely or you prefer integrating specific supplements, there are plenty of options on both fronts.
The important thing here is the end result. Feeling more energetic throughout the day will not only have a positive impact on your general health, but it will also help you improve your physical performance.
The Natural Ways To Boost Energy Levels
If you want to know how to have more energy the natural way, here’s what you can do:
- Avoid relying on caffeine as an energy booster – just because it’s natural, it doesn’t always mean it’s free of potentially negative impacts. Limiting your caffeine intake will allow you to get the most of its alertness-boosting effects while avoiding feeling restless, agitated or losing the ability to naturally fall asleep.
- Check your diet – if your meals feature a lot of processed foods and sugar, it’s probably time to introduce more whole foods. That way you’ll be getting your nutrients straight from the source.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate – do you ever get that sense of sleepy fatigue? It turns out in a lot of cases you don’t need a coffee or sports drink to get your head in the game again. That’s most likely your body telling you it needs water.
- Drink moderately – limiting alcohol consumption will make you less dehydrated and will reduce the sense of sleepiness it creates.
- Limit (or quit) your smoking habit – much like caffeine, nicotine is a stimulant. They have very similar effects on our body such as increased blood pressure, speeding up our heart rate and of course, insomnia.
- Build a solid sleeping routine – what better source of energy than good-quality sleep? Prepare for your nighttime wind-down by avoiding using your laptop or mobile. That way, you can get yourself in a restful headspace without being overly stimulated.
- Get your sweat on – exercising in any way you prefer will boost your energy consumption which not only will put you in a better position for a sounder sleep, but it will also boost your endorphin levels. That’s a guaranteed mood-booster that will create a natural sense of energy and positivity.
Which Supplements Contribute to Energy Levels
Supplements are especially important if you lead a very active lifestyle and need to replenish your energy levels on a regular basis. Starting off with a very ancient supplement, Ashwagandha (also known as Indian Ginseng) is a fundamental herb in Ayurveda, one of the oldest medicine systems. It has adaptogenic properties* and supports mental and physical capacity in cases of tiredness and fatigue**.
Vitamins and minerals are also crucial for maintaining energy levels. Vitamin B12 for example plays a role in energy metabolism in our body***. It’s especially important for vegans and vegetarians as it’s mostly found in animal products.
If you’re undertaking considerable physical effort, Creatine is your go-to. It’s possibly one of the most famous sports supplements out there and it’s known for providing performance benefits during high-intensity and short-duration exercises.
The Most Effective Supplements To Boost Your Energy
Now that you have some options on how to get energy, here’s a quick round-up of products that can support you with your goal.
What are your go-to strategies to boost your energy levels? Let us know by tagging #TeamBulk and @bulk and share with the community.
*Ashwagandha has adaptogenic properties
**Withania somnifera helps to maintain physical and mental capacities in cases of weakness, exhaustion, tiredness, and loss of concentration.
***Vitamin B12 contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
Eager to learn more vitamins? We believe that every person, with support, has the right to transform their lives through fitness. That’s why we’ve put together hundreds of articles with expert advice, all to help you on your fitness journey. With ultimate guides, information and benefits, check out our vitamin-related articles below:
Benefits of Curcumin and Vitamin D What do Zinc tablets do?
What are the best vitamin supplements? Benefits of Vitamin D3
Which is multivitamin should I take? Ultimate guide to vitamins and minerals
Which Vitamins do I need? What are the most important vitamins?
Best vitamins for vegetarians and vegans Benefits of Fibre